A portion of membership dollars go to pay for OTAO's lobbyists, William Cross and Nicholina Terzieff, Their contact information is:
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
The OTAO's Lobbyists:
- Monitors legislation for how it will affect OT practitioners and consumers.
- Alerts membership to important issues through communication to the OTAO board and postings on the website and newsletter.
- Testifies on behalf of OTAO. Most of us can't drive down to Salem on a workday to testify before the legislature on a bill--the lobbyist can!
- Works with other lobbyists and representatives from other professions to sort through complicated issues.
- Participates in OTAO Legislative Day at the Capitol to help increase awareness of OT and facilitate direct contact with policy makers.